Affiliates

Lollipop upcoming schedule

  • 2009.07.XX - Lollipop Hong Kong concert

Feeling & Thoughts - BBT 2nd Group

Just a post to express my point of view of the 2nd group and what I think of each member.

After writing it I realise I had an long introduction until it got to my real point but please don't get bored about it.
---------------------------------------------------
After the 1st group debuted with 6 members, right now one of the most important thing that the media is looking forward to is the 2nd group.

Lollipop has debuted more than a year already, between this period of time they have released 1 EP, 1 EP+Photo Album, 1 OST, and 1 Album. Other than that they have their own show Lollipop Na Li Pa, acted in a drama HTMQD and many more like CM, spokeperson etc.

Lollipop is not only popular in Taiwan but also became popular in Hong Kong, Singapore, China and many other countries.

With the big success of the 1st group, Channel[V] quickly announced the 2nd group PK challenge, spliting the 14 didis into 2 groups.

Their 1st challenge was Lollipop's concert, 2nd challenge is the 15 minutes street live and 3rd challenge is the 2 magazine cover PK. After that finally 10 didis will get chosen to debut and release an EP.

I read some comments from the woo forum, a lot of fans expressed that they think 10 didis is too much and why not just make all 14.

But to me I think it's not an bad idea, there's other groups like that which have lots of members but still success. Such as Korean pop group Super Junior and Japanese pop group Hey!Say!Jump! both of these large groups are going fine as they are and individuals.

But I think the main reason why they select 10 didis this time is to create a stronger fansbase. If you have seen the 2 episodes about the street live PK challenge, the amount of fans was there watching was only a couple of hundreds. Comparing to Lollipop every autograph session they held was at least over thousands. So with having 10 didis they could gather all 10 didi's fans into one.

But of course the main problem will be that there's always some didis will get more attention and some lesser and with 10 didis, how much can you share? For example a song, spliting it up each didi probably get 1 or 2 lines or some are just chorus. These things always happen in groups, but according to what I see in other groups after awhile the others will graduately get more attention.

Now these are my thought about each didis (I don't have any favorites so there's no bias comments):

A Ben - I would definitely guess that A Ben would be chosen this time, he is already a debuted didi wearing the pink uniform and he got all it has to become an artist. Seeing the PK challenges footages A Ben is totally a great and responsible leader, seeing him helping out each of his team members and organsing discussion talks with B2 and Andy really shows it.
Although he might be weak at dancing or singing but from what I see A Ben always put 100% in everything.
If he was chosen in the 2nd group I think he is the most suitable being the leader (even more than Terry).

Mao Di - Over the time Mao Di has improved very much especially on dancing. From not knowing how to dance to what I can say "great dancer". As what Andy ge said before Mao Di has a lot of pressure and the biggest pressure is his brother Wang Zi. As they are brothers it's impossible not to compare them but people who watches the show should know they are totally different.
Seeing the amount of votes Mao Di got in the 2nd PK challenge he is one of didi that I think will get chosen. There is possiblilty that fans of Wang Zi also support Mao Di since it is known that Wang Zi have many fans.

Xiao Ma - Xiao Ma has participated in drama HTMQD and online drama Hei Tang Lai Le, seeing that Channel[V] probably wants to give more chances to him. Xiao Ma is also another didi who doesn't know how to dance but has improved a lot now. I couldn't believe he choregraphed that dance with Yea Shou on the group PK challenge episode. Although the music and most steps are similar to the street live dance. I think Xiao Ma has a high chance of getting selected as the 2nd group.

Xiao Bing - 1st generation didi, haven't seen a lot of improvement he has ever since I started watching MFBBT. Until lately when he danced new jazz in the group PK challenge and won over A Wei, after that time I really think he is suitable doing new jazz over hip hop.
Xiao Bing singing is okay, dancing is alright and amount of fans is normal. Somehow to me I don't see him as a super star, so I think Xiao Bing has lesser chance of getting selected.

Yea Shou - He does sing pretty good but other things is alright only. Although he know how to dance but I don't see him having a great improvement on it. And everything he speaks during the show, most of the time he will mention food. Guess he'd have a chance because not much didi can sing well.

Duo Duo - Whether it's the looks, personality, amount of fans, performances on show just shows that he definitely won't be selected. There's just too much bad things about Duo Duo that was said during the show, although I sometimes do feel sorry for him as he always get pick on.

Han Jiang - The first time I saw him playing the violin I really do think he looks charming. But during the show he's become a "background" also he hasn't got much outstanding performances so far. Although he does have a pretty good voice but he's lacking a lot of the others to become a super star.

Terry - He always put 100% in his performances, just looking at his performances for the elimination just proves it, every time he will spend so much money in clothing and props. In BBT he plays the role of a father, his effort is seen so I think he'd get chosen as well.

Wei Yu - Although everyone call him "La Ba" all the time and his tan but Wei Yu have always performed well MFBBT. And I also did see him improved a lot in dancing and his looks is getting better and better. And being the 1st generation he did gather a lot of supporters and he does have the face of being a super star so I think Wei Yu will get chosen.

Ya Gou - From watch the show I can see that Ya Gou have been working a lot more harder to try to improve himself. But sorry to say I don't think he will get chosen, I guess the main reason is the lack of supporters.

Elmo - Elmo is definitely a great dancer and has his own style. Although he hardly sing but he did sang and his voice isn't that bad. But since Elmo's style is really towards himself only I think it's better with him doing what he want, like dancing and tv show host. Although it's great to see him get selected but I think he shines more as individual.

Xiao Lu - From the beginning until now I haven't found a bad point about Xiao Lu, it's like he knows how to play this game already and trying not to show any of his bad points. Although I must admit that he's not good looking but once you look at him more you'll think he's okay. Xiao Lu seem like he's good at anything, and if he's selected he will definitely become the lead vocal.

Hu Ya - Ever since the last elimination I see Hu Ya slowing moving out from the 'background' and try to contribute more on the show. Because I really do think Hu Ya has a lot of talent but maybe because his personality which makes him not coping with everything else normally.
I really enjoy Hu Ya's dancing and beat boxing and not to mention that he's awesome at it. But I really hope he get chosen.

Li Quan - To say the truth his dancing aren't great and singing aren't that good as well. But he's different from the others which makes him standout. But out of all Channel[V] has already let him acted in a drama and online drama. So I think they might select Li Quan.
---------------------------------------------------
That is the end of my thoughts about the 2nd group and each individuals. Gosh that was long and if you really did read through it, I must say a big THANK YOU to you.

4 Responses to "Feeling & Thoughts - BBT 2nd Group" (Leave A Comment)

Anonymous says
22 April 2008 at 8:52 pm

no no, i think i shud be the one who say thank you. reading ur thoughts kinda reminiscing me the early days of the show. how the boys improved so much these days. i like the idea of having a big group like super junior. but if they are really going for this idea, i think they might as well recruit all 14 of them and named then the mo fan bang bang tang guys. but then xiaole will be left out. finger crossed and we'll see how it goes, who will be the lucky 10. but feel bad for the 4 didis. no matter what, i'll support all of them, the mo fan bang bang tang didis.
and thanks ya, chocolate for all the infos, pics, videos that u posted to keep us all updated. ;)

Choco-late says
22 April 2008 at 11:21 pm

if no one is eliminated then there's no point of having a PK challenge because everyone will know they'll be in it for sure then there it wont increase the ratings for the show.

Anonymous says
23 April 2008 at 8:38 am

choosing 10 out of the 14 didis.. wouldn't it suck if you AREN'T chosen?

Choco-late says
23 April 2008 at 12:38 pm

well it just means they don't have the talent to become a super star, it's all up to each didi's performance. But I do have to say that the amount of fans do count.

Powered By Blogger